To create aesthetically-rich virtual worlds in an environment that values individual growth and mentorship.
- lowpoly asset creation in Blender, Maya, and 3DS Max
- stylized texture painting in Photoshop and 3D Coat
- highpoly sculpting in ZBrush
- map baking in xNormal
- material authoring, set dressing, and lighting in Unity and Unreal
- concepting props and environments
- writing visual analysis and style guides
- giving and receiving feedback
3D Artist - Goodgame Studios - 4th Floor
Spring 2014 - Summer 2016
- With the environment art lead, created a style guide for a new IP that fit the art director’s vision and the game’s practical requirements.
- Documented the non-destructive, standardized workflow used by the art team to create stylized textures.
- Modeled, textured, and placed key regions of game levels in the Unreal Engine.
Environment Artist - Tale of Tales
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
- Worked remotely with Tale of Tales to create art for the prototype version of the game, An Empty World.
- Created, lit, and decorated draft levels in the Unity engine.
- Translated the distinctive vector style of children’s book illustrators Meomi into realtime 3D.
Environment Art Intern - Blizzard Entertainment
- Modeled and textured game-ready props for the World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria.
- Painted concepts for original game assets, with a focus on plants and trees.
- Produced texture variants for existing assets to create a more visually-consistent game world.
Art Intern - Pixo Group (formerly Pixofactor)
- Modeled, unwrapped,and textured an iOS-spec 3D environment in under 50,000 tris.
- Created concept paintings for the iOS and Android game, Gaslight.
- Created hi-res props for a promotional 3D short film.
Professorial Assistant - MSU Games for Entertainment and Learning Lab
Fall 2006- Winter 2010
- Lead artist - made environments and concepts for the adventure-exercise game, Olympus.
- Created 3D assets for the award-winning serious game, Crossroads Village.
- Created visual layouts, animation, and content for flash-based web games.
Savannah College of Art and Design
- Master of Fine Art in Interactive Design and Game Development
- 4.0 GPA
Michigan State University, Honors College
- Bachelor of Arts in Telecommunication, Information Studies & Media
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art, graphic design concentration
- Game Design and Development Specialization
- 2012 - Winner of the first Blizzard Entertainment Student Art Contest
- 2012 - Reveal, Best Student-Created Game at Meaningful Play 2012
- 2011 - SCAD Entelechy Award for Best Character and Asset Design for the model “Pestilence"